Do you do New Year's Resolutions? I do, and I have found some success with the following guide lines I want to share with you.
- Keep it short: no more than 10 resolutions, but you are better off with about 5.
- Keep it short, I mean it: no long complicated resolutions.
- Break it down: "Get healthy" is a terrible resolution. "Drink 2 bottles of water a day" is much better. "Exercise" is terrible, too! "Start walking for 10-20 minutes/once a week" is better.
- Keep it handy: whether you use an resolution app, or just a text file on your laptop, keep your resolutions where you can reach them.
- Check in: on a good day for you (1st of the month or whatever), take a look at your resolutions if you have not otherwise. Set an alarm or calendar reminder if that will help!
- Please make a note of it: and make a note of where you are regarding following up on them. If something got in the way, like an illness, note that too so you will not feel hopeless later when you see little progress for that month.
Once I have my resolutions ready I will share them with you. These are the things that help me. Do you have a good tip or idea for New Year Resolutions? Please share it below!