- I want to give solid advice for navigating the medical world, to lend a hand to folks that are going through what I went through for a few years, and still deal with on occasion
- I also want to combat the image of a completely medicalized life of someone disabled or chronically ill. Our lives are like most other folks: we have families, we fuck, we engage in all kinds of recreation. We are not saintly examples leading the able-bodied with great examples and inspiration. We are all kinds of people, not just medical case studies.
- I want to highlight that disability is one of the only minority groups that is completely intersectional. If you are not dead (Klout says I get almost no ghost readers!) then you are subject to illness and disability, from straight, white, middle class, Western, cis-gendered Christian to Asian, trans lady, Buddhist prostitute: anyone can join our little party at any moment. And we do not all even agree on what constitutes disability!
- I want to help spread news and information about disability, both as an informational service and to help negate that lonely feeling that often accompanies chronic illness and disability.
- I also want to give news and commentary on the intersection of health with class, race, gender and other social justice issues.
- Occasionally, I may post something random (interesting, cute, infuriating, etc...) that I ran into and really want to discuss -- you have been warned!
After a few false starts, I am ready to commit to updating this blog on at least a weekly basis.